G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

The movie “G. I. Joe: Revenge of Cobra” was a great action-packed summer film. The movie is about two friends Duke and Ripcord who team up with a highly trained team called the G.I. Joes (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) to try and protect small nuclear machines called warheads.

The machines are nanobots that are inside of the warheads. Unfortunately, the warheads fall into hands of the most dangerous enemy squad’s called Cobra. Ironically one of the leaders of Cobra is actually Duke’s ex-fiancé Anna.

The film is inspired by Hasbro’s famous line of plastic action figures. (Interesting note: The action figures are no longer considered to be American since the line has spread toward Japan and Korea.)

Starring many of Hollywood’s famous known stars like Channing Tatum and Dennis Quaid, “G.I. Joe” was known as one of the hit blockbuster movies of the summer. The movie was filmed in many famous parts of the world like the Sahara Desert in Egypt and the Eiffel Tower in France. The movie is packed with cutting special effects and hardcore fighting.

Before I saw the movie, I thought it was going to be another movie that comes from a line of toys like “Little Soldiers” and “Batman.” But when I watched the whole movie, it was awesome.

The movie will be out on DVD and Blu-Ray soon. “G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra” will be a great movie to rent for a Friday night. If you love action movies, then this is the movie for you. (Sources: IMDb.com, Movie reviews.com, and Google.com)