Everything Prom: Advice From Seniors

tripadvisor

Prom is an exciting time for juniors at Westborough High School, this year prom will be hosted at Union Station in Worcester May 17th. In preparation for prom students are looking at dresses, tuxes, corsages, shoes, etc. Planning and preparing for prom can be stressful, so here is some advice from two seniors who have experienced prom.

Dresses

One of the main aspects of prom is getting a dress! Although it is very exciting, many people make it way more stressful than it has to be. I think for me especially, I started to panic when I kept seeing people post their dresses on Instagram when I hadn’t even gone shopping yet; however, there is no need to worry because you will get your dress eventually – I genuinely went to five stores before I found one I liked. Also remember that you were wearing this dress once. Some people spend $600-1,000 on something they never wear again!

Dates

Despite what a lot of people say, it is okay to go to prom without a date and with your friends instead. I knew people who went without a date and still had a great time. If you do really want to have a date, my advice is for it to be someone you know/are friends with. It is most likely going to be more awkward if you have to spend the night with someone you’ve hardly talked to before…

Plans

Finding places to take pictures with friends can be stressful. The most important thing to remember is to not overbook yourself on prom day. It’s reasonable to want prom pictures with all of your friends, but prioritizing pictures and going to multiple locations takes away from your time to get ready and actually have fun. The best way to take pictures with all your friends is to have fun at one picture location and then find other friends at prom.

Prom is exciting and should be enjoyed, so hopefully this advice will allow for a stress free prom!