On Wednesdays We Wear Pink!

https://www.whscenterstage.com/

This year Westborough High School will be putting on the production, Mean Girls the musical. The show will be performed May 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the auditorium.  The performance is based on the 2004 film “Mean Girls,”  starring Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey, and many other icons. 

The musical is set in Illinois after Cady Heron moved from Africa. Although Cady has never experienced the social structure of a stereotypical high school she discovers how to “rise to the top” by becoming frenemies with “The Plastics.”

The original movie was set in the early 2000’s however the musical is set in modern times. Kayla Niece, a Westborough High School senior, says “The storyline is very similar to the movie, and many of the iconic lines are still included. However, it is also a musical, so there are new exciting songs and jokes as well!” Kayla will be taking on the role of Regina George and says her favorite Mean Girls quote is, “You go, Glenn Coco!”

In this production of “Mean Girls”, Cady Heron is played by WHS senior, Sam Lasch. Lasch explained that her favorite quote from the show is “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” 

Assistant choreographer and Westborough High School student, Emmy McLaughlin, explained that the theatre department has brought in some new choreographers to work on the show. The main choreographer is Jaqui Strong, a professional dancer and choreographer who has worked as a dance teacher as well as a cast member of Cirque du Soleil. The assistant choreographers are Emmy McLaughlin, Morgan Boudreaux, and Grace Dunne. Seeking outside choreographers has been beneficial for the cast as there are fresh ideas and more emphasis on the dancing in the production. 

The show has been cast, to find the list of performers go to the bulletin board located in the D-wing. For more information about the show see the Center Stage Instagram account (@centersagewhs).