Mr. Brown: The Man Behind the Beard

By Michael Keogh and Jonathan Tomashefsky

Mr. Brown is a man of many talents. He is an English teacher here at Westborough High School. Mr. Brown pushes all his students to think critically about the world that they are in . He always guides and teaches his students and teaches them how to be a great individuals inside and outside of school. His two classroom rules that he wants everyone to follow are simple: don’t be a jerk and don’t be lame. These two rules explain Mr. Brown’s push for students to find success in life.

Mr. Brown grew up in Marlborough MA, known as “God’s Country,” with a pretty normal childhood. He loved hanging out with his friends and playing hockey. He was constantly on the road traveling to his next game. He had great parents who drove him to all his games and forced him to learn how to swim by making him jump. As he grew up he loved all of his English classes. When he was going into his senior year he had such high hopes for English that it made it much worse when he went to the class and the teacher turned out to be boring and lame. To this day he has these two rules because of it. His second rule “don’t be lame” was made because of how lame this teacher was.

Mr. Brown decided to become a teacher for a couple reasons. The main reason was being that he likes having summer off and all the other vacations that students have. Also he loved English during his childhood, with the exception of senior year. He loved being able to think for himself and interpret the reading or writing in his own way. During his first year of teaching he also played music on his guitar at bars because being a first year teacher wasn’t exactly paying the bills. Although he was an English teacher, he also taught Spanish for a quarter as a long term sub. This was impressive due to the fact that he didn’t speak spanish and had no previous experiences of teaching Spanish. Before becoming a teacher, Mr. Brown worked in construction. He worked at his dad’s gas station and occasionally dressed up as a clown named Bubbles for parties.

Mr. Brown is the type of teacher who can really connect with the students. Through all of his nicknames for his students and  the constant fun he brings to a class , Mr. Brown is just a great english teacher at Westborough High School. We both are students of Mr.Brown and he has allowed us to comprehend with English so much better. Overall, Mr.Brown is one of the best teachers and we hope he has so much more great success moving forward!

View Comments (2)