Snowport: A Perfect Holiday Activity

Snowport: A Perfect Holiday Activity

During the holiday season, the district of Seaport transforms into a sea of lights, decorations, and festive music. As months get colder, Boston’s Seaport turns into “Snowport”, a holiday-themed “village” with various shops and food. Snowport is open from Friday, November 10, 2023, until Sunday, February 25, 2024, from 3 pm to 8 pm daily. 

I arrived early enough to walk in without a delay, but as the event reached capacity, a long line of eager locals wrapped around the street multiple times. If you are to take a visit, I would recommend getting there early to avoid any sort of line to get in, especially as the temperatures drop. Admission into Snowport is free and the only costs include what you purchase at the vendors. 

Snowport offered various food options with unique vendors and styles, including Mexican, French, Italian, and American. Some of the most popular food sold was Italian pasta made in a cheese wheel, doughy pizza, festive hot chocolate, and street-style tacos. One place I discovered was the crepe station. The crepe vendor has 10 different options (five sweet and five savory). I chose a sweet crepe with Nutella and strawberry filling which I enjoyed thoroughly. The lines moved quickly, keeping them consistently small so there was no long wait for food. Seating and stand-up tables were also set up throughout the venue accompanied by heating lamps for everyone to relax and enjoy their food. 

Amongst the row of different vendors, I was able to enjoy and indulge in a variety of pop-up shops. The shops included local small businesses that sold goods such as homemade candles, chocolate truffles, and crocheted stuffed animals, as well as larger business chains such as Cheese Louise, a popular grilled cheese restaurant. One of my favorite shops included a variety of trending clothing and jewelry.  Every shop owner was super friendly and in high spirits as people walked through the village to explore the shops.  

Overall, Snowport was an enjoyable experience that I recommend to anyone in the Boston area. Although on the smaller side, there are many shops to look through as well as tons of good food options.