Coach David Tinglof: “A New Era” of Rangers Football

By Declan Donovan and Justin Gonzalez

The town of Westborough is buzzing about the arrival of new varsity football coach David Tinglof.  Coming from a winning program at West Boylston, Coach Tinglof is ready to begin a new challenge of molding the Westborough Ranger Football team. With 22 years of coaching experience, including time at Hudson Catholic High School and Weston High School, Tinglof certainly knows what it takes to create a winning football program.  His strategy is simple yet effective: “I plan on showing the players that it’s all about the team, family, and working hard; the wins will follow.”

Having previously served in Desert Storm, Tinglof now works in Law Enforcement.  When asked what drew him to Westborough, he replied by saying that the challenge of the division, superb facilities, great kids, and strong academics were all intriguing factors into his decision.  Tinglof is working ruthlessly to “change the culture” of Rangers Football, and wants to bring the program back to what it was in the ‘80s and ‘90s.  The varsity coach has a unique ability to inspire a team and motivate kids to not only become better players, but better people off the field as well.  The importance of team chemistry has been constantly stressed during the time that he has been at WHS.  Through organizing events like the summer family BBQ, it is evident that Coach Tinglof wants everyone to know that Ranger Football is one big family.

In addition to the head coach position, Tinglof has brought in a great new group of assistant coaches and coordinators who all share the same mindset and are ready to put Ranger Football back on the map.  That being said, the entire staff is eager to win now.  Instead of looking down the road and spending an unnecessary amount of time preparing for the younger grades, Tinglof firmly believes that this season marks the beginning of a new era of Ranger Football.  With the unmatched passion and intensity for the game of football that Coach Tinglof shares, it will be exciting to see where he can bring this program in upcoming years.