Ranger Volleyball Prepares for Season

Steve Aronson
Senior captain Gianna Scioletti spikes it at last year’s Dig Pink Game Courtesy: Steve Aronson

By Carly Flahive

Senior captain Gianna Scioletti spikes it at last year’s Dig Pink Game
Courtesy: Steve Aronson

With a strong returning bunch of players along with a few new faces to the team, Girls’ Volleyball is ready for a strong season with hopes of making it far. Coached by Mr. Rodger Anderson, Volleyball has always been a very strong program with great team spirit. As a program, they look forward to another positive season ahead of them  this year.

Senior captains Gianna Scioletti, Kaylie Doherty, and Julie Hutchinson lead their team with desire to win and passion to have fun as they hope for a successful senior year. All great athletes, the captains will instill great leadership and add tremendous strength to the team and program as a whole.

The Rangers open on Wednesday, September 9 away against Duxbury and then follow it up Friday, with a tough home match against rival Algonquin.

“We have a couple of big games this year with our biggest being Dig Pink” comments Doherty. Looking forward to the big fundraising event and tough match, Doherty is ready for all the excitement that her senior year will bring.

Returning sophomore Emma Smallcomb is also back and ready to help bring the team to a winning season. Good luck to the Rangers as they prepare for the season ahead of them.