Seniors Last Day!
Congratulations!

Chef Perryman

Chef Perryman

By Carly Lurier

Mr. Perryman can be known as the awesome, super chill, and comedic English teacher, but did you know he’s a cook? Just ask some of your teachers like Mr. Huse or Ms. Gormley, they’ll tell you Mr. Perryman is a very good cook and is especially known for his bread making.

Mr. Perryman got into cooking at a young age. He was always around people who cooked, like his grandmother who gave him his own handwritten cookbook. As a kid, his parents weren’t always around to make meals for him, so he had to put his cooking skills to work at an early age.  When the time came for him to go off to college, he started making soup. He made soup often in college because it was a quick and easy meal to make and have around for a long time.

Ten years out of college, Mr. Perryman started making pizza dough, and pizza dough was what got Mr. Perryman into making his bread.  Mr. Perryman enjoys making sourdough bread, and puts a lot of thought into making his bread great. He is the one to go to if you have any questions about bread making or cooking in general!

Mr. Perryman says he is often called by family or friends, with questions about how to make a certain dish or what instructions they need to follow when making a specific meal.

Also, Mr. Perryman always tries to make his own ingredients. For example, in the summertime he likes to pick fruit from his backyard and make jams or preserves to also have for the winter time. He does the same with tomatoes, and likes to can tomatoes in the summer, so he can use them in meals around winter time. His favorite food is Mexican. He grew up eating lots of Mexican food near the San Francisco area, and loves to make Mexican food year round.

When asked for a piece of advice for aspiring chefs out there, Mr. Perryman responds with “Shake your squeamish side, you can’t be afraid to try new things.” Also for people just starting out with cooking, Mr. Perryman suggests to get the book ‘How to cook everything.’ He also says to “start cooking with Italian.”