Seniors Last Day!
Congratulations!

Miss Collins–A Stunning Long Term Sub

by:  Bethany Faulds and Caroline Reynolds

Miss Collins is an active contributor to Westborough High School. Not only has she taken over for Ms. Plant as a long term substitute in child development and preschool, she is also the cross country coach, the indoor and outdoor track coach, and an assistant with the WHS volleyball program. This is her first year as a long term substitute, although she coached and subbed short-term last year.

Miss Collins attended Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania. She said that she “loved it there” because it is a small school, so she got to know her professors and the students in her major remarkably well.  She also competed in track, which she enjoyed. She majored in English with an emphasis in creative writing and minored in history. Miss Collins went into college wanting to be a teacher, and by the end was unsure. She plans to teach this year, but beyond that she has not identified what she would like to pursue.

Miss Collins is strongly connected to the town. She is from Westborough, and both her mother and father teach in Westborough schools. She was a part of the 2007 state champion volleyball team at WHS and was a volleyball and track athlete. She has spent a lot of time raising small children, so it made sense that she would teach child development and preschool. She has a three year old brother and sister, and she spends time helping out with them. She also plays in volleyball leagues and writes young adult novels in her spare time. Currently, she does not have one published, but her goal for the novel she is working on is to publish it.

Miss Collins is loved by her students and athletes because of her fun attitude.  “I will stay in for Ms. Plant for as long as [the school] needs,” she says with a friendly smile.