WHS Alum to School Resource Officer: Detective Dapolite

Detective Chip Dapolite, who was born in Westborough, went through the school system, and has lived here since college. He is in his fourth year working full time in the Westborough Public School System as a school resource officer.

With his main goal being to bridge the gap between the police, students, and staff, Dapolite stated, “It’s the best job in town.” 

Despite his office being at WHS, he still manages to visit all 6 schools in town, helping handle any legal issues within the school, or just simply spending time with students. “I wish I were three people at once,” he claimed, so he could spend more time visiting each school.

Prior to working in the school systems, Detective Dapolite was a patrol officer in Westborough. He later juggled being a patrol man and school resource officer, before becoming a part of the detective bureau and working in the school system full time.

Reflecting on his career, he stated that his favorite aspect of his job is the students. Whether it is being able to turn a challenging moment into a learning experience, explaining to a student how to take care of their traffic ticket, or supporting the student body, Detective Dapolite enjoys every minute of his job. “It keeps me young,” he stated.