Advice for Midterms from a Junior

With midterms coming up next week here at Westborough High School here are some tips and advice coming from a junior.

1. One of the most important things is to make time to study for all of your midterms. It can be very overwhelming having to study for 5 to 7 midterms but planning out times to study will be very beneficial. Even if you have a very busy schedule, taking time to prepare yourself for midterms is crucial but make sure to not overwork and overwhelm yourself with work.
  2. Another really important thing is checking in with any teachers you may need to in advance the week before midterms. I would definitely recommend trying to go in person by staying after school, but if that does not fit your schedule even sending them an email could really help. In addition to talking to your teacher, go visit your guidance counselor if needed. This can be a very stressful time, so they are available to talk whenever you need.
  3. Getting enough sleep the week of midterms is key to staying focused during the tests. Although you might be staying up late doing last minute studying you still need to give your body time to get rest and rejuvenated for your midterms the next day.
  4. Along with studying, I would recommend making quizlets, kahoots, or flashcards to help you study. These really help with memory retention of the material that will be on your midterms and gives you a way to study alongside your friends. If quizlets are already made for you by your teacher, definitely take advantage of that and use them.
  5. Fueling your body is also very important during the week of midterms. Make sure you are packing a lunch or snack for the break in between midterms because you don’t want to be hungry and not be able to focus on your test. Also eating a good breakfast is important to give you energy and get you through the long testing periods.

Goodluck to everyone on midterms and make sure you are taking care of yourself during this week!