Holiday Activities and Deals

Lindsey Ahern

With Thanksgiving officially kicking off the holiday season, many are eager to get out of the house, go to holiday parties, and get all the discounts and deals before the gift giving season. The main events locally include the returning “Snowport” in Boston, as well as the “SoWa” holiday market. There are also many steals and deals online and in stores that many are on the lookout for, and with Black Friday over, some are wondering what else they can save on.  

Snowport in Boston’s Seaport, is filled with holiday shopping, outdoor activities, and delicious food. The event is open 7 days a week, open 3-7pm Monday through Thursday, 11am-9pm Friday through Saturday, and 11am-8pm on Sundays. During the holidays season (Dec. 11-31), the market will be open Sunday through Thursday 11am-8pm, and Friday through Saturday 11am-9pm. This year, there will be over 120 vendors selling, with most of them new to the market. Activities include iceless curling, a 25-foot interactive chalkboard, and a crafting workshop where kids and adults can make things like ornamental wreaths and snowglobes. 

SoWa which is located in the South End of Boston, is filled with vendors of art, crafts, food, and all of the inbetween. Friday-Sunday there will also be some of Boston’s best food-trucks. The winter festival opens Friday the 24, and ends on the 17th of December. The hours are as follows:

Thursdays: 4pm-9pm 

Fridays: 4pm-9pm 

Saturdays: 10am-10pm

Sundays: 10am-7pm

Monday-Wednesday: CLOSED

Admission to SoWa will be $10 cash or card, and paid parking will be available on-site. 

Holiday gifts are one of the most important parts of the holiday season (besides spending time with family and friends of course!) and seeing what’s on sale and what makes more sense financially is what drives many when buying gifts. Some great opportunities include shopping at the winter markets, as well as checking the websites of  big companies such as Amazon for  their biggest sales. Below is a link that shows other holiday deals and steals that are great to look forward to!!

Holiday Deals and Steals Guide: Holiday Digital Deals & Steals: Save 50% on Save the Girls 

Sources: 

touch screen purses and more – Good Morning America 

Boston Winter Holiday Christmas Markets 2023 

Snowport Boston is open: Here’s what to do, buy, eat and drink in 2023

SoWa Winter Festival – SoWa Boston