Teen Mental Health Initiative; A Club on the Rise

A fairly new club to WHS, with plans to make a change in the community, Teen Mental Health Initiative is motivated to have a successful year. TMHI is a club which advocates for the overlooked mental health issues many teenagers face among WHS. They work to find ways to lower those rates, and bring more awareness to the cause.

TMHI meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays from 2:40 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in room A216. Everyone is welcome, the only requirement is that members must be committed to the club throughout the duration of the school year.

As their first project of the year, the group made kindness cards to place around the school, in hopes for students to carry the positive affirmations they read with them throughout the day. 

With a dedicated team of members, in addition to existing advisor Mr. Anderson, and new advisor Ms. Tynan, TMHI has a strong team who is willing to work hard to make the overall student health changes in the WHS community.

New Advisor Ms. Tynan stated, “my ultimate goal is to support the club’s goals in any way that I can.”

The club is motivated to support the student body as best as they can, and are looking forward for what is to come in the new year with many plans to improve the club.

For more information about the club follow @whs.tmhi on instagram, or email [email protected]