Hunger Games: Ballad Of Songbirds and Snakes

The Ballad of the Songbirds and Snakes was the trendiest movie this  November. The movie is based on a sequel to the Hunger Games trilogy. The novels are written by Suzanne Collins, a renowned writer. Hunger Games fans of all ages have filled the movie theater seats to watch the new addition to the series. 

The movie is set 64 years before the Hunger Games trilogy begins. The film focuses on a significant turning point in the games. Changes are made, rules are broken and the games get put on track to become the modern games that we know. Additionally, the early ages of the Districts make an appearance as well as the Origin of the Hunger Games itself. 

The Hunger Games has been some of the most praised action movies for the last twelve years. Collin’s movies are consistently very competitive with other action films, like Marvel and the Harry Potter franchise. This is for a good reason, the new Hunger Games movie was one of the most memorable movies I have ever watched. 

Because of the hyper-realistic action scenes and superb acting (especially by Rachel Zegler and Tom Blyth), I was a little shaken during the movie. I would not recommend this movie to young kids, only because of the violence. For everyone else, this movie is a must-watch. 

The general public agrees on the fact that this is a must-watch movie as the reviews are positive and analytical on TikTok. Rotten Tomatoes describes this movie as exceptional. 

Allie Martel, a Hunger Games fanatic says “I love the The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes because it’s filled with action, suspense, and a strong female protagonist. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat and it’s interesting to see how the characters navigate the challenges they face. Plus, it raises important themes about power, inequality, and the resilience of the human spirit. It’s just a really thrilling and thought-provoking movie”.

Although the movie is pretty long and is a heavy watch, it is an enticing and entertaining film that you will not regret watching. As of now, the movie is in theaters but will be streaming around May 2024.