FBLA: The Perfect Club for any Student Interested in Business

Future Business Leaders of America is a student-run club at Westborough High School that helps develop students’ leadership and business skills. The club offers competitions, fundraisers, and a variety of different networking opportunities for any student interested in business. The club meets every other Wednesday in room B204, where students participate in business-related activities. Students discuss different entrepreneurial ideas to help raise money for the club while also developing marketing skills by advertising for other clubs throughout the school. 

President, Ella Glasgow, Vice President, Justin Goldberg, and the rest of the executive board create fun and eventful opportunities for all club members. Many students involved in FBLA report that they enjoy the club because of the welcoming environment where students of all levels of business knowledge are allowed to learn and have a fun time. 

FBLA has hosted numerous events to raise money. Most recently, FBLA hosted a fundraiser at the Homecoming Festival where kids of all ages participated in a basketball free throw contest for prizes. All participants were given candy and the winner won a gift card. It was a very successful event raising significant money for the club and providing an enjoyable time for all. 

FBLA is currently working on creating signs for the Student Section, encouraging more students to attend sporting events. Another example of FBLA advocating for other clubs was when members created signs for the Video Game Club providing the club with more exposure to the student body. 

FBLA also runs an event called Shark Tank, where club members form groups of three to four and design a product that they feel would hypothetically be beneficial and profitable. Students create a presentation of their product and include details like the cost of the item, and how much it would be sold for. 

Ultimately, any student interested in business should seriously consider joining FBLA to expand their knowledge in business, while making new connections all at the same time!