Upcoming Event: STUCO Shark Tank

Student Council

Westborough High School’s student council is known for their hard work and school spirit. Student council puts on great events and the members are always willing to help out around the school. E-board member, Sam Nelson, shared that the council is looking to be involved with more school clubs and organizations this year. 

Shark Tank is an event that the student council has put on for the past three years and has seen great success from it. The event is an opportunity for club leaders to apply for grants that will provide funding for their clubs. The club leaders will put together a presentation and pitch their club to a select group of student council members. “Shark Tank is a very successful event. The Engineering Club was able to build a pool table with the funding they received through it.,” says Sam Nelson, one of the co-overseers of this event. 

Nelson has been an active member of student council since she was a sophomore and is now an e-board member and a senior. “I have been able to do much more with student council as an e-board member.” Nelson’s role in stuco is Communications. “As the communications officer and overseer of this event, my role is to focus on advertising.” Nelson helps plan events and attends stuco meetings however, she is the main point of advertisement in the council. Nelson posts on Instagram about every event and will be focusing on advertising Shark Tank through social media as well. Nelson’s goal is to reach as many WHS students through social media as possible. 

The student council is hoping to see lots of club leaders attend the event. “It’s a good opportunity for clubs, and I hope there is a lot of involvement,” Nelson explained. Student council not only wants to help clubs grow, they want to be more involved in other clubs are the council is a huge part of the WHS community. Nelson feels that the council’s goal this year is “to create a united school community.”

The date of the event is unannounced, it will happen shortly after the Homecoming dance. 

For more information check the stuco Instagram @whs_stuco_