Football Looks for their Fourth Straight Win for the First Time In 20 Years

Rangers football has been rolling in the first half of the season. Sitting at an outstanding 3-1 record through the first four games and winners of three in a row, the Rangers exceeded expectations and look to carry their momentum into this week against Nashoba.

The Rangers haven’t won three games in two years, so you wonder, what has taken the Rangers from subpar to a playoff contender?

The biggest reason is that the Ranger’s defense has been nothing short of unstoppable to kick off their season. Led by captains Joseph Marino (‘24), Sam Wickline (‘25), and Julian Cespedes (’24), the Rangers have not allowed more than 13 points in a game this season and shut out two opponents.

The Rangers have also made a massive QB change which has led their offense to be a serious threat to opposing defenses. Junior Andrew Pisciotta is quarterbacking the team this season and has led them to scoring over 20 points in half of their games. On top of their QB change, wide receiver Daniel Hackett (‘24) has been a spark for the Rangers offense this year. Hackett has caught four touchdown passes already this season and is Pisciotta’s favorite option to throw to when needed.

As the football team attempts to make a playoff push for the first time in twenty years, they look to beat their next opponent, Nashoba Regional High School, who stands at 0-4 and last in their division. If the Rangers win, it would be the first time they have won four straight games since 2002.

The game is this Friday at 6:30 on Mewhiney Field in Westborough. If you are a student looking to attend, make sure you wear USA attire in the student section.