S’well Bottles are Really Swell

By Grace Green and Alli Avola

Recently, S’well bottles have been replacing various common water bottle types. Most likely, you’ve seen these sleek canteens anywhere from the gym to school to the workplace.

It’s been six years since S’well bottles entered the reusable water bottle market in 2010. Made of stainless steel, these bottles claim to keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours.

According to Sarah Kauss, the founder and CEO of S’well, the motive behind the S’well water bottle was to create both an environmentally friendly and fashionable alternative to the all too common plastic bottle. The S’well company often donates money to charities such as UNICEF in order to provide safe drinking water for people around the world.

Personally, I have a 25 oz S’well bottle. The design looks just like it did online and the size is great. After leaving my bottle full of ice water for hours in a car mid July, I can safely say that the claims about how long the drink’s temperatures last are accurate. After I returned the water was still cold and full of ice!

S’well bottles come in a variety of designs including camo and marble, and most designs are sold in three sizes: a 9oz, 17oz, and 25oz. The price range is $25-$45. These are easy to open because they feature a twist-off cap. Although the bottles are made of stainless steel, they’re easy to carry and great for when you’re on the go.

Although these water bottles are not dishwasher safe, their slim design makes them easy to both clean and store, so they fit in any cabinet or backpack! S’well bottles are now sold in multiple stores across the country as well as online. On their website (http://www.swellbottle.com), bottles can be customized and ordered in bulk for companies or groups.

S’well bottles are definitely worth the hype. Even though these water bottle might be considered pricey, they are versatile and live up to their expectations. It’s a small price to pay for years of hot or cold drinks!

Sources: http://www.swellbottle.com/about-swell-bottle-mission-and-charity/