Mrs. Cellucci Wins Web Seal of Excellence

Cellucci

Press Release– The Massachusetts School Library Association has named Anita Cellucci, School

Librarian at Westborough High School, a recipient of the 2016 Web Seal of Excellence.

A school library’s web presence is an important tool for teaching, learning, communication, advocacy, and public relations. This award recognizes excellence in a school library’s use of web tools.  Ms. Cellucci’s library website will display the Web Seal of Excellence.

“I am honored to receive this award from MSLA and to have to opportunity to showcase my Libguide website as a model for high school libraries,” says Cellucci,  “Access and equity are always at the front of my work. One of my continuous goals for the WHS library is to offer a participatory space for students to access resources, receive help, and add their voice to the process. Libguides help me to achieve that goal.”

“Advocating for the library comes in many forms and I’m thrilled to have this award to assist in talking about the importance of teaching and learning through the library learning commons.”

The awards ceremony is at UMASS Amherst on Saturday, April 30, 2016.

The Massachusetts School Library Association works to ensure every school has a school library program that is fully integrated at all grade levels across the curriculum and has a significant and measurable impact on student achievement. For more information, consult the MSLA website, maschoolibraries.org.