WHS’ New Spanish Teacher: Señora Rosati

By Laura Skinner and Joe Liebert

WHS Spanish teacher Señora Rosati started this year as a new addition to the school’s Foreign Language Department. She has been studying Spanish since 9th grade and has been fluent since her sophomore year in college.

Señora Rosati studied at Keene State College and the University of New England, and studied abroad in Seville, Spain while she was at Keene State. She has a major in Spanish and secondary education. While in Spain, she participated in a cross cultural program and visited places like Portugal and Ireland.

Her passion for teaching first began in her high school days, and she was always very involved with the sports and clubs at her New Hampshire high school. When asked what she will remember from her high school experience, she explains that she will never forget one teacher who treated her very poorly. However, now she can appreciate him for how he pushed her academically and taught her how important working hard and stepping out of your comfort zone is to be successful and happy.

Rosati has three kids, ages 3, 7, and 10. She is not only passionate about her children, but also believes in animal rights; her house is vegan and gluten free due to her views on animal cruelty.

Señora Rosati says that she loves the hard-working environment of WHS, and how the school system pushes strong foreign language programs. Overall, Rosati reports that she loves teaching at WHS and is excited for the year to come!