The Newest Member of our Health Department

By Carly Lurier

This year, Westborough High School welcomes a few new teachers including our newest member of the P.E./Wellness department, Mrs. Gavin.

Mrs. Gavin has been teaching health for seven years, but this is her first time teaching Physical Education. Gavin graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a major in Management, and then went on to be an admissions counselor at Boston University. Even though she liked her job as an admissions counselor, she felt like she wanted to get to know people more and build relationships with them. She then became a health teacher at a school in New Hampshire, and has now come to Westborough to do the same.

In her free time, Gavin enjoys reading, cooking, exercising, relaxing with some T.V,  or when she has the time, camping. She is also a Red Sox and Patriots fan, and is happy that the deflategate scandal has passed.

This year Gavin hopes to be involved with the students and faculty through clubs, and would love to join or start a book club. She’s always willing to connect with students; she is open to suggestions for books to read or good shows to watch.

When asked how her experience has been so far, Gavin responded with a very enthusiastic, “Amazing! It has been a very smooth transition, and the students have been great. I’ve never had kids who say thank you to me when they leave the classroom, and I find that here.”

If you don’t know Mrs. Gavin, give her a warm welcome and stop by her classroom and to say hello. She’s excited to get to know some new faces!