Girls’ Soccer Team Prepares for the Season

Steve Aronson
Courtesy Steve Aronson

By Kaylie Doherty

Courtesy Steve Aronson

The girls’ soccer team comes back strong this year after losing only two senior starters.  With plenty of returning players, senior captain Carly Flahive says, “I think the season will be good.  We have a strong returning group of girls and a great defensive line to help slow down opponents.”  Flahive returned just last Friday after a yearlong recovery from an ACL tear last summer.  This recovery comes just in time for the teams opening game Tuesday night at Shrewsbury. 

Despite the loss of Sophomore Chelsea Taylor, who is out with a shoulder injury, Taylor, “is helping Emily [Falanga] to learn how to control the back and prepare her for the varsity level,” says Flahive.  Players such as junior Emily Longo and sophomore Claire Hounslow are stepping up as strong, center midfielders to boost the team’s offence for the team. 

This season, the Rangers are looking forward to some tough competition with Nashoba and rivals, Algonquin.  After beating Algonquin in the under the lights game last year, the team hopes to continue to bringing in the wins this season. 

View Comments (5)