Seniors Last Day!
Congratulations!

A Look and a Thank you for the WHS ELL Department

20160330_130710

By:   K. Ramos

Interview with  Glendy–WHS senior   

Glendy says her favorite sport is soccer. Glendy’s favorite person is her grandmother because she is a beautiful person. She likes living  in the U.S. because of the security here.  Her favorite ice cream is coffee ice cream.  She likes dogs. She misses the food from  Guatemala.  She says after high school she wants  to go to a culinary art school to be a chef.  She likes to paint.  Her favorite book is Of Mice and Men  because it is a beautiful story and she connects with the story.

Interview with Mrs. Robinson–ELL Tutor

Mrs. Robinson says her favorite song is anything  Taylor Swift.  She also likes horses. Mrs. Robinson’s favorite person is her husband and her favorite sport is to watch hockey.  Her  favorite ice cream is pistachio.  She would to learn more Spanish.  Her favorite show is “New Girl.” And some day she wants to visit France. She does not like mean people.  In her free time, she likes to do activities with her kids

Mrs. Robinson is a very nice person because when I entered her class, she would  always ask me if I needed help.  At first, I always said no, but the days passed and now I ask her to help me now.  And I thank God for her and the other teachers who help me.  I give them many thanks.

20160330_095424

Interview with Mrs. Coelho–ELL Teacher

Mrs. Coelho says her favorite song is very difficult to pick one because she likes so many songs.  But she says Nora Jones’ song “Come Away with Me” is one of her favorite songs.  Mrs. Coelho’s favorite person is President Barak Obama because he is a good president.   She likes living in the U.S. because it is different and it is interesting. Her favorite sport is soccer.  She likes ice cream especially pistachio. She likes cats.  And some day she wants to visit China.   She likes the show “The Big Bang Theory.” She does not like discrimination. She has studied different languages for 40 years.  She speaks three languages: English, Spanish, and Portuguese.  

I like Mrs. Coelho because she is a good teacher.  She helps me and understands me when I am sad.  I came here when she helped me and continues to help me a lot. And I thank God for her.

20160330_113844

View Comments (1)