Girls’ Tennis Moves on to Post-Season

By: Pooja Bala and Lori Wilichowski

Girls’ tennis finished their regular season with a winning record of 9-7, advancing on to their post-season. Their first post-season match was Thursday, June 4, against Marlborough. The girls easily defeated Malborough 5-0. They now move on to face Nashoba, seeded number one in the league.

Sophomore Kavya Krishna, who plays third singles, recounts, “Nashoba is going to be a tough match, but we are going to give it our all.”

Despite losing many seniors from last year, this season has proved to be a successful one. The team has improved significantly, and that has become the focus of this spring season. Captains, Juniors Lauren Almy and Alexa Conlin, and senior Vaishali Malik, all who have been huge assets to the team, lead them to their winning record.

The girls also had success with defeating Hudson and Shepherd Hill early in their season. As the season progressed, the girls also defeated Quabbin, North Middlesex, and Groton Dunstable. The girls lost to Algonquin the first time, but they came back with a win the second time around. With their 5-0 victory against Auburn, the girls qualified to continue on to post-season.

Almy remarks, “We had a very fun and memorable season. We improved greatly both individually, and as a team, and we look forward to playoffs!”

The girls’ next match is Friday, June 5 at Nashoba.