Why we should have Chipotle available at WHS

By: Shivani Verma

Chipotle, a very popular Mexican restaurant, offers a large variety of Mexican dishes such as burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. With a large number of Westborough High School students liking the food this chain offers, it is only right to make it available at our school. The healthy ingredients further support reasons for why it would be a good choice to add to our food menu. Some of these ingredients include various meats, tofu, white and brown rice, black and pinto beans, guacamole, and lettuce. It is a healthy meal which can solve students hungry in school and will also be a change from the typical lunch menu.

Moreover, because a lot of students prefer Chipotle, Chipotle and the school could make money by the number of people purchasing the meal. The different options that Chipotle’s menu offers also helps keep people interested in the food because there are so many things from which to choose. If you don’t want a burrito because it’s really filling, you can opt for a simple quesadilla or even chips and salsa. On the other hand, if you are looking for a heavier meal to keep you full throughout the day and after school activities, you can go with a burrito bowl.

Not only does this restaurant have delicious meals, but it also gets them from healthy places. The pork comes from pigs that have been set free to roam around in the farms and the vegetables are grow in healthy soil. The food, thus, gives lots of nutrients to people while also tasting delicious. Classes can hold fundraisers at the school Chipotle rather than at the ones out of school, allowing all students to have an opportunity to contribute to their class.

Overall, a Chipotle in our cafeteria would benefit everyone at school, from students to teachers. Everyone can have the opportunity to enjoy a healthy, pleasant meal without having to leave the school. Cravings would be satisfied and people at WHS would eat healthier. Therefore, it would be logical to have a Chipotle in our school.