Girls’ Tennis Looks at Upcoming Schedule

By: Carly Flahive

The Westborough Girls’ tennis team is ready to begin their season as the snow begins to melt and the spring sport tryouts round the corner. With three captains this year, senior Valshai Malik and juniors Lauren Almy and Alexa Conlin prepare to lead their team in a successful, enjoyable season. Coached by Mary Schwartz, the girls are in for another competitive season.

The Rangers open on April 2 at 4pm on their home courts against Quabbin. After losing four of their seven starters to the class of 2014, the Rangers look forward to a new year that will hopefully bring about a winning record.

Junior captain Alexa Conlin explains some of the team goals this year as she comments, “We definitely want to have a winning record this season and put up a fight against all of the competition but it is also very important that we have good sportsmanship.” Coached by Schwartz who is big on having a good attitude about everything, the team is sure going to have to have a good outlook on the season.

Although the team lost the vast majority of their starters, with one senior, captain Valshai Malik, and returners Conlin, Almy, and another junior Samantha Mack, the tennis team has potential to have a great season.