Seniors Last Day!
Congratulations!

Another Shot at the Cup

By Jack Wallace

After a devastating loss to the Montreal Canadians in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Boston Bruins are preparing for another dominant season. Last year, the Bruins won the Presidents Cup by earning the best record in the regular season (59-19-9). Even though the B’s had a fantastic season last year, this year’s preseason has been a struggle, and Bruin’s general manager Peter Chiarell is blaming it on their current roster for the 2014-2015 season.

Currently, six more spots remain on the team, and the race for those spots is very competitive. The biggest fight for a spot in the offensive line is between Matt Fraser, Simon Gagne, Craig Cunningham, Jordan Caron, and Bobby Robins. However, Fraser and Caron had very strong seasons last year, possibly giving them advantages over the other players.

The much anticipated start to the 2014-2015 season begins October 8th against the Philadelphia Flyers here in Boston. It will take the Bruins up to the last minute to see who will be in the complete roster for that game. This final week of preseason hockey will determine who stays and who goes. “For a lot of those players it’s an opportunity to give it a last shot. It’s up to them to show they belong here, or maybe they don’t. We’re going to have to make some cuts and some guys will end up going to Providence and that’s what we’re up against right now,”  Bruin’s Head Coach Claude Julien comments.

The Bruins also have to focus on a game plan for how they are going to take down the Flyers for their first game. The Bruins are expecting to have another fantastic season. Over time, fans will see whether or not the new roster changes, and if the loss of Johnny Boychuck will benefit the team. The Bruins are an NHL superpower as they seek their seventh Stanley Cup victory. This season is definitely going to be action-packed and a thriller for the Bruins fans.