Thank You WHS

By Carly Flahive

As the second youngest of five in my family, my older brother Nick had already finished his years at Westborough High School, my oldest sister Jess had completed her time at Assabet, and my sister Tori was here to help guide me through the halls of the school my freshman year. Having older siblings who went through the same system I was preparing to encounter, I had expectations based on their experiences. Although some of my opinions of teachers, classes, and events here have differed from theirs, the one thing that we can all agree on is how fast the years flew by.

If there is anything I can say to the incoming freshmen and underclassmen, don’t take what you have here for granted. Senior year comes in the blink of an eye and before you know it, the year is over and it is time to move on and push yourself into the next chapter of your life. That cussion of comfort, knowing where you go, what you will do, and who you will interact with on a daily basis, will no longer be the same. From here, I will have to take what I have learned and step even further outside my comfort zone creating new routines for myself as I head off to college. As senior year draws to a close, I have a lot of people to thank for all the great memories I was able to create.

First off, thank you to my friends and family. To my friends, it was awesome to build such strong relationships and be able to talk and rant about whatever was on my mind. You guys are the best! Family, thank you for everything you do for me. Thanks for paving the way and always being there to support me in whatever way possible.

Mrs. Potosnak, thank you for making business classes fun and entertaining. You helped me uncover a true interest in a subject matter that I never thought would be of any interest.

Ms. Macalpine, you made my sophomore year of Spanish the best year of language that I could have ever imagined. Thank you for understanding that nobody entering the class was fluent in the language. You gave me confidence to actually open my mouth and participate in the discussion. Without having the fear on my shoulders that saying something wrong would cause me to be called out in front of the class, I was actually able to learn a lot and take away more than any other Spanish class has left me with. You have a true passion and dedication to your students and it is very much appreciated.

Mr. Richards, math was fantastic. I could always count on you to leave me with a smile on my face and a good laugh for the day. I always had a story to share at the dinner table thanks to you.

Mrs. Stoker, I am so grateful for everything you have taught me and done for me over these amazing four years of high school. From the moment I stepped into your class freshman year, I knew I would want to take all possible classes offered with you from there on out. Thank you so much for understanding that there is a way to challenge students while having reasonable expectations. You could always tell when we just needed a day to clear our minds and destress though some soothing coloring. Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone with my writing and everyday communication skills. I have learned so much. I appreciate all the time you have taken to talk and listen and help with anything I need assistance with. You are a wonderful human being and I am going to miss having this classroom to look forward to coming to everyday.

Kevin, good luck with the final years of high school. I am so happy I got to spend senior year in the same school as you. Keep working hard, having fun, and enjoying every moment you have before it’s time for you to move on as well.