Last Day Of School!

Mr. WHS: The Show of the Year

Every year the Mr. WHS show is easily one of the school’s most attended and enjoyed events among teachers and students. This year the theme of the show is Barbie and the lineup of senior boys is looking great. The show will be on May 23rd, the day before the senior class’ last day of school. The boys have spent months preparing for the show and can’t wait to show off what they have been working on. 

One of this year’s contestants, Hemanth Nekkalapudi, is looking forward to the show, “I am very excited for the opening scene and the opening dance because me, the guys, and the production crew have worked so hard to make this show the best in Mr. WHS history.” As we know the boys and the crew have been preparing for the show all year, practicing multiple times a week to give us the best show possible. Nekkalapudi’s biggest challenge throughout the preparation process has been finding the perfect talent to showcase during the big show, “I think I changed what I was gonna do about 5 times.” Everyone has different opinions on who is going to win Mr. WHS but of course, the boys are each hoping to be the winner. Nekkalapudi has some predictions for Mr. WHS 2024, “I’m not gonna spoil anything but seeing as I do have some insider knowledge, I would say Srinjoy Ghosh and Simon Bleier could win it all.” Nekkalapudi’s ultimate goal for the show is to make WHS history. 

The behind-the-scenes crew is just as important and hard-working as the contestants each year of Mr. WHS. Senior, Sam Nelson, is one of the show’s choreographers. As a choreographer Nelson has worked alongside Emmy McLaughlin and Dani Arcieri to pick out all the music for the opening dance and choreograph a dance that is “engaging, not repetitive, and at a level where all 10 boys are capable of learning, and being successful with the dance.” Although her main job is to choreograph a creative dance, Nelson has also been tasked with teaching the contestants the dance and even helping them with their talents at times. When asked what she is most looking forward to seeing in the show, Nelson explained that she can’t wait to see the boy’s talents come to life onstage, “it is such a good mix of boys this year and they all have super exciting things planned.”  

Lucas Silva, one of the 10 fierce competitors in this year’s show, is just as excited as the rest of WHS for the opening dance number. “It was what started off the whole experience of Mr. WHS and it brought all of the boys and the crew closer. It’s really fun and I think everyone will enjoy it.” Silva has enjoyed the process of putting together the show as he feels that everyone has been committed to creating a great show, “this year’s show will be like no other because of how good a job everyone’s doing to prepare and to be ready to perform.” The boys and crew have clearly put in a lot of effort to make this year’s show one of the best. When asked who he thinks will go home crowned “Mr. WHS,” Silva explained that Miguel DaSilva could be this year’s winner, “We’re basically last-name twins so I’m hoping one of Silva’s wins. In all seriousness, he’s funny, charming, respectable, and someone who I think resembles and deserves the title of Mr. WHS.” Like most students and competitors, Silva is ready for the show and excited to show the school what he can do.   

The show is coming up on May 23rd. Follow the Mr. WHS Instagram page @mr.whs24 for more information on the show and when to buy your ticket!