The Next Caitlyn Clark?: Grace Beyer

Grace Beyer, age 22, a guard at the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis has shown extreme hustle and achievements throughout her season. Beyer is the team’s star senior averaging 34 points a game, along with rebounds and assists. Beyer has been working on her game for years, and throughout high school at Mukwonago High School in Wisconsin, she succeeded very highly. She brought her team to the championship as only a freshman and continued her next 3 years pushing herself and her team. 

Just this past week Beyer has proven herself yet again with 3,842 points, and 249 ahead of Caitlyn Clark, a senior star basketball player for the University of Iowa. Grace Beyer has succeeded by passing Clark’s total points. 

Beyer shares with interviewers that it’s an incredible feeling to be mentioned in the same breath as her and, amazingly, she is where she is today. These interviewers have to share that what Beyer is doing is truly remarkable: “she makes it look so effortless” her coach Jillian Lipman-Segura shares. 

Beyer has been doing so well with her season that Division 1 coaches are coming to scout her and they share that they see the same things in Beyer that they’ve seen in their incredible players. Lisa Bluder, coach of Iowa says that Beyer is another version of Clark, and has the desire and passion to play at this level of basketball.

Grace Beyer has not only shown her achievements on the court but she is also able to balance her academics on top of basketball. 

Sources:

https://apnews.com/article/caitlin-clark-grace-beyer-iowa-cf1668b650f11717b9a00abe0887e1ec 

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39591528/uhsp-grace-beyer-breaks-naia-women-hoops-scoring-record