Rangers Football: Home Opener Upcoming

The Westborough Rangers Football team’s home opener, under the lights, will be Friday September 22, at 6:30 p.m. against Tyngsborough.

Going into the first home game with a season record of 1-1 so far, after a one point win against Sharon, the team has high hopes for the upcoming game. 

When asked how he was feeling heading into the game, head coach Joe Beveridge stated, “I’m feeling excited. The team has put in a lot of hard work and we’re off to a good start. I know playing in front of our fans is something our team has been looking forward to and will feed off the energy of the crowd.”

Ending the 2022 season with a record of 1-10, the team has been training hard to improve this season’s record.

Regarding the team’s preparations for the season,  Beveridge shared, “we have been preparing for the game just like any other. We spend time watching film of our opponent and try to identify their best players and plays. We go over all three phases of the game (offense, special teams, and defense) and how each unit can help us win the game.”        

Friday’s game will be at the WHS lower turf field, and the theme for the student section is jersey’s. 

Combined with a great post season and a strong roster, the WHS rangers are ready for a competitive home opener, and hope to see you all there.