WHS Homecoming Dance Returns October 22

Maggie Hanlon '24, Contributing Writer

After a long year and a half of no school events, Student Council (STUCO) is bringing back the Homecoming dance. Covid-19 hasn’t allowed for dances, festivals, or any in person fundraisers this past year, but the student council is making a comeback.

The Homecoming dance hasn’t happened at Westborough High School for at least the past five years.

Sophia Schmidt, a sophomore at Westborough High School, says, “I’m so excited to go to my first dance with my friends!”

The Homecoming dance is planned to be held outside by the tennis courts from 6:30- 8:30 p.m. on October 22. If there is bad weather, the dance will be held inside the main lobby.

STUCO will be posting updates on their Instagram page (whs_stuco_) and class vice president’s will be posting on Facebook as well to keep everyone updated.

Erika Stucchi, junior vice president and STUCO member, mentioned that the dance will be on a half day meaning there will be plenty of time to get ready.

Sophomore secretary Abby Mahr says, “I’m excited that a tradition from other schools is being brought to our school intime for our high school experience.”

Stucchi also explained how the idea for a homecoming

…We haven’t had one in our high school career, a lot of other people haven’t either and it would be a fun way to get everyone back together.

— Erika Stucchi '23

dance came about: “ A lot of people within STUCO said we haven’t had one in so long. We haven’t had one in our high school career, a lot of other people haven’t either and it would be a fun way to get everyone back together.”

There will be music, decorations, and snacks. The attire is semi-formal. Tickets are $10 and will be sold at all lunches.