Girls’ Volleyball Battles Back against Minnechaug

By Kaylie Doherty

Thursday night the Rangers Volleyball team lost to the Minnechaug Regional High School Panthers in game five. The fifth game could not have been closer ending with a final score of Panthers 19 and Rangers 17.

Despite the loss, the team made amazing comebacks throughout all of the matches, pulling out wins after multiple 10 point deficits in the first two games. Every time the Panthers took the lead, the Rangers continued to fight back.

The Rangers persevered even when senior co-captain Elizabeth Volpe, fell to a knee injury in the fourth game taking her out for the rest of the night.  In spite of a teammate’s injury, the teambonded together to contend against an extremely tough opponent.

When asked how the team played Thursday night, volleyball co-captain Elizabeth Gallary responded with “We played really well against Minnechaug despite the end result. We did a great job of keeping our energy up the entire game and our communication was excellent. Everyone was willing to do whatever Coach needed from us, and we are all ready to work even harder than we have so far.”

So far, the Rangers have gone 3-2, pulling out wins against Bishop Feehan, Central Catholic, and Medway.

The volleyball team loves all of the fans that come out to support the team.  So, before you go out to the Friday night lights football game next week, catch the Rangers volleyball team play at 5:15 against Shrewsbury.