Senior Night

Tomorrow night is senior night for the boys basketball team. They face off against Leominster for their shot at making districts. The boys have to win in order to clinch a district berth. Sitting at 9-9 they need our support to make it in. 7pm at WHS, Tuesday the 15th. Be there.

And now I will get angry. Saturday night was senior night for the varsity hockey team. They faced off against our rivals, the Algonquin Tomahawks. Now as a tradition for senior night, all seniors play in the game. But coach Temple of the boys hockey team decided that saving their precious 3-10-1 record was so important that he wouldn’t play all of his seniors. Senior forward Andrew Whamond didn’t see any ice time. Earlier in the season coach Temple convinced Whamo to stay on the team, only to not play him on senior night? Really? That is so disrespectful and it makes me so angry that he would neglect to play one of his seniors, who has come out and practiced hard like everyone else, on senior night. I know that all other coaches in Westborough High School would play their seniors no matter the situation. Sure they may only play a few minutes, or a few shifts, but you have to play your seniors. It is an unwritten rule in varsity sports and as a varsity coach you should know that. No offense to the hockey team, but you have nothing to lose when your record is 3-10-1. Andrew Whamond better get ice time in the remaining games or you will have one angry blogger on your hands.