Last Day Of School!

Ming III restaurant review

By:  Hannah Artner

On October 31st, Ming III opened alongside Route 9. It is a pan-Asian restaurant located next to Not Your Average Joe’s in Westborough.

The menu at Ming III offers a variety of Asian dishes that are a nice blend of Chinese and Indian tastes. A meal can be expensive from $15 to over $20.

And unfortunately, the servings were small. The Mongolian chicken was only four small chicken dumplings in a sauce. None of the dishes came with rice and even upon ordering it; the servings left customers leaving the restaurant still hungry. Still, the food is good and has an authentic taste.

The restaurant has only been open for a little over a week, but the service was slow. Several groups were waiting ten minutes just to pay their check and leave. The owner was a constant presence who made sure to ask if you were enjoying your meal and greeted the customers upon their entrance and exit.

The interior provides a comforting ambiance. The wood is dark and the lighting soft to allow for an intimate setting. Some of the booths have high backs that allow for a sense of privacy. And yet, there is enough light and plenty of tables that make it a nice option for families. The plates and cups were a bit dirty on some of the tables. Hopefully, this problem can be worked out.

Overall, Ming III is a good pan-Asian restaurant, with a blend of Indian and Chinese food that has been missing in Westboro. The food is flavorful, but the portions are small and the prices high. With some improvements in service and other minor areas, Ming III will be a good option for people willing to spend some money for an authentic Asian dinner.