Last Day Of School!

Riding the Wave: The Rise of Rod Wave

nationaltoday.com

The Florida-born rapper Rod Wave’s melodic flows and heartfelt lyrics have captivated audiences worldwide. Rod’s unique storytelling style and infectious beats have him risen to the top of rap. Rod Wave’s journey to fame is as authentic as they come. Growing up in St. Petersburg, Florida, Rod faced his fair share of adversity from a young age, he uses his talent in rapping to describe his struggles growing up. Rod tells beautiful stories in his music that resonate with his listeners, adding the hip-hop twists everyone enjoys. 

Rod shot to fame in the rap game in no time with his first album, Hunger Games, grabbing the ears of rap fans, and gaining popularity among popular artists. However his hit single “Heart on Ice” was the one that catapulted him into mainstream rap discussions. Rod Wave possesses a style of rap no other artist could replicate, the creativity and thought put into every lyric makes every song special. Rod found success sampling other rappers’ and musicians’ songs, from popular stars like Morgan Wallen, Ruth B, Drake, and others. 

Rod Waves’ popularity has skyrocketed over the years, securing No.1 albums in his last three releases. Nostalgia is Rod Wave’s third straight No. 1, after Beautiful Mind last year and Soulfly in 2021; before that, his album Pray 4 Love peaked at No. 2. According to Luminate, Rod Wave, who began releasing mixtapes in 2017, has logged more than 15 billion career streams in the United States alone.

If it’s a A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie concert, Kanye,  Playboi Carti, Lil Tjay, or Kid Cudi, the Rod Wave experience tops all. Rod Wave doesn’t overcompensate at his concerts like other rappers, with minimal stage choreography and effects, just singing. Rod’s lyrics send messages to the crowd which develops a surreal experience that no other rappers can replicate. Knowing every lyric is vital to enjoying a concert of his.

Rod Wave is at a young stage of his bright future as he continues to gain popularity. The skies are the limit for him and he’s only going up from here.

Here are some of my favorite songs to get into Rod Wave!

1. 2019
  2. OMBD 
  3. By Your Side
  4. Street Runner
  5. Don’t Forget 
  6. Alone
  7. Forever
  8. Sweet Little Lies
  9. Cold December
  10.  No deal