Taylor Swift Announces New Album During Grammy Acceptance Speech

Swift during her acceptance speech for her 13th Grammy

At the 2024 Grammys, Taylor Swift came into the room with fans expecting a re-release. Instead, during her acceptance speech for the best pop vocal album, Swift shocked the crowd by announcing her new album, “The Tortured Poets Department” releasing on April 19, 2024. Swift with her typical music puzzles, has left fans to speculate what genre of music this album may be.

With this Grammy being her 13th win (her lucky number), many fans thought Swift would announce something large tonight. When showing up in white and black, most believed it was a nod at Reputation (Taylor’s Version). Swift mentions that this has been in wraps for the past two years and states in her Instagram post, “All is fair in love and poetry,” a quote that Swift is using as a catchphrase for the new album.

In typical Taylor Swift fashion, fans are excited to see the bonus tracks she releases and the special editions of CDs and Vinyls that are a signature to her albums. Her album can now be pre-ordered on her website: store.taylorswift.com.