WHS Homecoming Weekend: All You Need to Know

Delaney Vallee '24, Junior Co-Editor

As many know, Homecoming Weekend is right around the corner. With the dance on Friday, September 23 and the football game and festival on Satudeday, September 24, WHS is in for a busy weekend.

The semi-formal dance will take place from 7:00-10:00 p.m. on the tennis courts. Tickets will be sold in the cafeteria during lunch beginning on September 12 for $10. Sales will end on September 22, and tickets will not be sold at the entrance of the dance.

The entrance to the dance will open at 7:00 p.m., and will be closing at 7:30 pm; late guests will not be permitted to enter, even if they have tickets. 

For those who would like to bring a guest from another school, there will be permission slips in the office that must be filled out and brought back to school prior to the 23.

Student Council members have been working hard to prepare for the “Under the Stars” themed Homecoming dance. Students are welcome to dress for the theme if they would like to, but it isn’t required.

Junior Sydney Gage stated “I am most excited to get to spend time with my friends and have fun. Last year’s dance was awesome, and I know this year will be as well.”

The Homecoming Festival will begin Saturday at 11:00 a.m. in the lower parking lot. Lasting from 11:00-1:30 p.m., food trucks, games, and booths will be set up by various clubs.

All ages are welcome to attend the festival.

For updates, follow WHS Student Council at whs_stuco_