Lily Villaflor: Athlete with Aspirations

Sydney Allen '23, Staff Writer

Lily Villaflor, a sophomore here at WHS, is an aspiring athlete and mesmerizing to watch on the lacrosse field. She first picked up a stick in fourth grade and her love for the sport only grew from there. Actually, the whole reason Villaflor decided to play was because all of her friends played, but she ended up continuing to play through her own drive over the years.

A midfielder who loves both attack and defense, Villiflor made WHS’s varsity lacrosse team as a freshman last year and cannot wait for this year’s season to start. 

She is looking to play at the collegiate level, ideally in Division I. Villaflor works toward her dream every day on and off the field: she practices once a day for at least 20 minutes, goes to the gym twice a week, and has two-hour practices with her club team on the weekends if the team doesn’t have a tournament. 

Additionally, Villiflor strives to become a better teammate and player as well as being a contributing member to a successful WHS team.

After college, Villaflor wants to continue having lacrosse be a big part of her life, whether that be playing or coaching. 

Dreams are not easy to reach, but Villiflor is determined to make hers come true. With hard work, motivation, and lots of practice, she is confident in her capability of playing Division I. 

Junior Stephanie Hogan, a teammate of Villaflor, says, “She is a very impactful player on the field and always motivates people off the field as well. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Lily!” 

Be sure to come to see Villiflor play this spring for the WHS varsity lacrosse team as she continues her journey!