Ms. Cincotta returns to WHS to coach jv volleyball

Sydney Allen '23, Contributing Writer

From playing volleyball at WHS to now teaching at Mill Pond, Ms. Cincotta has had an interesting few years returning to the Westborough community. Ms. Cincotta is now the Westborough High School jv volleyball head coach and a fifth grade teacher at Mill Pond.  And it wasn’t that long ago that she was in her volleyball players’ footsteps.

Ms. Cincotta moved to Westborough when she was in the first grade and grew up going to Westborough schools.  In high school she played volleyball for WHS for all four of her years here. 

She attended UMass Amherst and played volleyball for all 4 years as well. She graduated college and then moved back to Westborough. Before Ms. Cincotta returned, the Westborough JV volleyball head coach position was open. Coach Anderson, the head coach for Westborough’s varsity volleyball team, told Ms. Cincotta that he had been waiting for her to come back. She took the spot as head coach and this year will be her fifth year coaching the team. Coaching has helped her reflect on what it takes to be a good person, so the first thing she teaches her team is how to be a good teammate.

Off the court, Ms. Cincotta is teaching in her fifth grade classroom.  Her first year she taught social studies, ELA, and math. Social studies is her all time favorite subject to teach, although her favorite to learn about is math. She loves American history.

Ms. Cincotta’s first class teaching was the Class of 2023 who are now freshmen in high school. She has stayed with the job for so long, because she loves the kids she teaches and she loves making connections with them in the short amount of time they have together. The connections she makes with students last and it shows. Students will not only come to her for help years after having her, but they look up to her. 

She loves both her jobs even though it is very stressful. Spending every day helping kids and having people who rely on you for many different things can be challenging. At the end of the day she knows she is making a difference in the kids’ lives she coaches and teaches and will help them become the people they aspire to be.