Fresh Faces; Student Council Elects 2019-2020 E-board

Helen Cai

2019-2020 Student Council Executive Board

Audrey Soukup and Emily Bruck

On Tuesday, April 23 Westborough High School Student Council (StuCo) held their annual elections for next year’s, executive board. Students ranging from rising sophomores all to way to rising seniors vied for their fellow classmates’ vote. Ultimately, the new executive board was decided and is made up of a promising group of passionate, involved individuals. With a new president and a new set of brains to make some difference in our school, Student Council is anticipating a productive 2019-2020 school year.

Miara Sasdi is the new Student Council president, and is looking forward to this upcoming year: “I’m excited to see what the upcoming year holds and to work together with many people to make our school and community a better place.” Sasdi mentioned her fellow board members:

Vice President Cassidy Ho, Secretary Carolyn McDermott, Treasurer Navi Bimrah, Events Overseer Ethan Chan, Fundraising Overseer Mike Durr, Community Service Overseer Derek Lu, Neha Paras in Communications, Historian Alex Goldberg, Member at Large Katie Liebert, and CDMASC Liaison Skylar Gravell.

In regards to plans for the upcoming school year, Sasdi is striving towards helping the community to make it an overall better place. She hopes that with her hard-working mindset as well as her overall dedication to Student Council she will be able to positively impact as many people as possible. Events Overseer Ethan Chan states that he hopes to introduce fresh new ideas as well as work towards even more participation from students and the community. A common theme across the board seems to be that everyone is striving to bring student council together. Neha Paras comments “ I’m really looking forward to bonding with other members as well as bringing everyone together since we really are just one big family!” We look forward to what this new council can accomplish for the 2019-2020 school year.