The Reason You Should be Traveling to Boston This Weekend: Boston Burger Company

Savannah Shepherd

WHS student Savannah Shepherd and her boyfriend (pictured here) sampling the decadent strawberry milkshake.

Savannah Shepherd, Contributing Writer

Conveniently located on Boylston Street, near Back Bay and Fenway, Boston Burger Company appears to be one of the hottest spots in the city to enjoy a meal right now. There are soon to be five locations around the city, making this an easy access restaurant worth telling your friends about, with a pretty reasonable price point for the amount of food customers receive.

Planning when you want to stop by this restaurant is the most important factor because the wait time on the weekend varies from an hour to an hour and a half.  And even on weekdays, the average person will wait for twenty to forty minutes. Thankfully, there is a lot to do nearby, such as shopping at the Prudential Center, which is an eight minute walk from Boylston Street, where you can even get discounted parking to be close by for your reservation! Visitors may also want to try heading towards the locally owned shops on either side of Boylston Street.

This relaxed-environment restaurant has also been featured on Phantom Gourmet, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and Fat Guy Food Blog, all of which had great reviews. Guy Fieri tested out the Mac Attack burger, Phantom ordered some “Freak Frappes,” while Fat Guy Food Blog tried multiple different burgers!

The food served is not only outstanding, but the presentation of every meal is amazing and visually appealing (a.k.a. the perfect photo op to make your peers jealous). I ordered the most monstrous milkshake I have ever laid eyes on, and my boyfriend ordered an over-the-top burger; the two menu items for which they are most famous. The burger he picked was named the Whisky Tango Foxtrot, which included macaroni and cheese, pulled pork, onion rings, pickles, and barbeque sauce. It blew my mind–he could barely take a bite out of it, let alone pick it up in one piece. Then came the milkshake we were sharing, the Strawberry Shortcake, which was an extreme strawberry shake topped with layers of shortcake, whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs, and strawberry frosting drizzle. Are you drooling yet? Needless to say, everything on the table was devoured and it was worth the hour and a half wait.

A friendly staff, a diverse and tasty menu, the welcoming and relaxed environment, and the entertaining location made this a spot that I will definitely be visiting again in the future.

Locations:

1100 Boylston Street, Boston, MA   

1105 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA

37 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
133 Washington Street, Salem, MA

Sources used:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives

http://fatguyfoodblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/boston-burger-company.html

http://www.bostonburgerco.com/