The Life of a Class President: A Detailed Look Into Arjun Kumar

By: Sam Schiffman ‘21 and Tyler Wright ‘21

Sophomore Arjun Kumar may look like your average student on the outside, but he is so much more. Kumar was recently elected president for the class of 2021, but who exactly is he? A member of Best Buddies, Unified Track, the Basketball team, and creator of the new Medical club, Kumar is a very diverse student.

When we met with Kumar, we noticed that he was drinking the newly added strawberry milk. We asked him if this was his favorite flavor, to which he responded, “no, chocolate. Chocolate is the best.” he further explained, “I chose strawberry today because I like to try new things.” Kumar likes to try new things not just in the cafeteria, but also in his everyday life.

Kumar ran for president last year because of the lack of spirit wear sold the previous year. He was inspired to make a change and run for class president. Kumar hopes to up the class spirit with a variety of fundraisers planned. These events include a Chipotle and Panera fundraiser, a dodgeball tournament in the gym, as well as a March Madness bracket tournament.

Kumar has many goals for the rest of his high school career. He hopes to remain class president for the rest of his years at WHS. Kumar also hopes that by his senior year he is on both varsity basketball and varsity unified track. As for the sophomore class Kumar hopes to run a successful prom, and by their senior year have unmatchable class spirit.

Kumar wants the people of Westborough to know that he is “a kind and compassionate person.” Kumar wants the student to know that “if you ever need anyone to talk to I’m your guy.” He cares about people in our class and wants to let them know that he is here with you every step of the school year.

As for outside of school Kumar spends his free time playing basketball, hanging out with his brother, and watching his favorite show “Kitchen Nightmares.” Kumar also works at a smart tech startup by the name of “Ecovent” and is an intern at “South County Physical Therapy.” In the future, Kumar hopes to be a doctor in sports medicine.

Kumar has been a resident of Westborough for his whole life. Kumar has a twin brother which he explained has helped him a lot in life. He stated, “with a twin, I always have someone to lean on.” Kumar also said that sometimes it is as if looking into a mirror when looking at his twin. People often mistake Arjun for his brother Raaj, as they are meer identical to each other. Kumar enjoys playing basketball, skiing, and many more activities with his brother.

Overall Kumar loves and enjoys what he does whether he’s helping the community or helping us students. You can always rely on him to be there when you need help or if you just need someone to talk to. Kumar wants everyone to succeed and thrive in their high school years.