English Teacher Ms. Junker: “She brings so much joy…which makes her an awesome teacher”

English teacher Ms. Junker is in her fourth year of teaching at WHS.

Hannah Willar '25, Contributing Writer

In her fourth year as an English Teacher at WHS, Ms. Junker has shared her love for encouraging students’ growth by starting off as creative writing major at Roger Williams University in 2018.

When first attending college, Ms. Junker didn’t start off as majoring in teacher education. Her roommate enlightened her about the riveting education classes she had been taking. Not long after, Ms. Junker found an interest in working with kids.

She says, “I eventually took a class and then I was like omg this makes so much more sense, so then I switched majors!”

Ms. Junker is at school everyday bringing positive energy and happiness to the class on a daily basis.

Freshman Shaivi Patel says, “Ms. Junker is

Ms. Junker is super nice and her energy is always positive even when she’s not feeling herself. She brings so much joy among the people she encounters which makes her such an awesome teacher.

— Shaivi Patel '25

super nice and her energy is always positive even when she’s not feeling herself. She brings so much joy among the people she encounters which makes her such an awesome teacher.”

Outside of class, a major accomplishment at the most recent point of her life is applying to graduate school and getting accepted.

“That was a huge milestone for me,” Ms. Junker shares.

She enjoys making lessons more engaging, connecting with more kids individually, and supporting students throughout the year.

When thinking about someone she looks up to the first thing that comes to mind is her mom.

“She juggles so many things all at once and I don’t know how she does it.”

Outside of school Ms. Junker could be hanging out with friends, reading a good book on the beach, walking through art galleries, or trying to reach her goal of petting 100 dogs this year.