Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 will set you up for success

Shannon Clark '23

Varsity Volleyball Player Melissa Kuang in her Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 shoes.

Shannon Clark '23, Contributing Writer

Have you been to a women’s volleyball game recently? If you have, you’ve probably noticed the recent spike in popularity of the Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 shoes. Nearly every team has multiple teammates with these shoes and for good reason. 

They are light, which is a beneficial factor when jumping high or changing direction quickly. The shoes make moving on the court faster and simpler. Not to mention they are extremely comfortable to wear.

Like other Nike sneakers, they come in a selection of color options including black with a white swoosh, or white with a blue, red, or black swoosh. The shoes have outer rubber soles to increase traction while on the court. They have a foam inner sole, making the shoe not only stylish but also comfortable. The shoe has a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) cage on it which surrounds the lace. This feature helps the shoe feel light and airy while still has just the right amount of support for landing after a big block. 

The Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 comes in sizes five to fifteen. These shoes are true to size, as is the Nike brand. So if you own another pair of Nikes, chances are you’ll be around the same size.

These volleyball shoes are definitely ones that should be acknowledged for simplicity yet effectiveness. These shoes are the classic ankle style sneakers with laces in the front. There are rows of little lines across the shoes until the rubber soles, which adds more of a professional quality. One barely feels like they are wearing shoes when they have these sneakers on. They are airy, but still tight enough to protect from blisters. 

When wearing these shoes, rapid turns in momentum, jum

As a backrow player you have to watch the ball and sometimes you have to make some desperate dives…and they definitely help with getting traction on the ground.

— Sophomore Melissa Kuang

p landings, and agile movements are all possible when these shoes are being worn. Unlike other shoes, the Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 are durable; they don’t rip or tear easily. As long as they are only worn inside, the shoes will last a long time.

Sophomore Melissa Kuang is a defensive specialist (DS) for Westborough’s varsity volleyball team. Kuang wears these shoes also.

She comments, “As a backrow player you have to watch the ball and sometimes you have to make some desperate dives…and they definitely help with getting traction on the ground.”

Kuang also says the shoes “offer a lot of arch support…a lot of ankle support too.”

So not only do these shoes look great, but they are a factor in one’s volleyball success. 

One can find the Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 on the Nike website, and at many local sports stores such as Dick’s Sporting Goods. One can purchase them online for $115. When you try these high-quality sneakers you will not regret the purchase you’ve made.

No matter what position you play, whether it’s libero, setter, or hitter, these shoes will not let you down and help you improve your game.

Sources Used:

Nike

https://www.nike.com/t/zoom-hyperace-2-womens-volleyball-shoe-KlrjdK/AA0286-100

Shoes.com

https://www.shoes.com/info/what-is-a-tpu-outsole