Generation Bridges Comes to Westborough

By Taylor Connolly ’19 and Zach Walker ’19

Westborough High School has a new club, Generation Bridges. Started by junior Samantha Stucchi, students now have the opportunity to volunteer at Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center in Westborough. Stucchi manages the girls volleyball team, as well is a member of the Interact club. Through this new club, students get to choose from various activities or events where they get to know and interact with some of the senior citizens.

Each year for Rangers Give Back Day, the fall community service day at the high school for student athletes, the volleyball team volunteers to help senior citizens at Beaumont. Through her trips to Beaumont for Rangers Give Back, Stucchi had such a great time with the senior citizens that she wanted to make a club where she could visit and expose other volunteers to the same experience, instead of only getting to do so once a year. Through the help of her partner, junior Lydia Levesque, the two teamed up to make Generation Bridges.

The two set up a google form for their club members to select activities they’d like to do at Beaumont, examples include, but are not limited to, bingo, walks and book club.

Forty students have signed up so far for Generation Bridges and meetings are held once a week.

“I really hope that we just get a good group of kids who regularly attend and that they can get started as soon as possible,” said Stucchi when asked what her goals for the club are. So if you are looking for a great extracurricular activity that will create some awesome experiences, sign up for Generation Bridges!