Please Be Aware of Your Place in the Hallway

I can almost bet that you have seen this before, you are walking from point A to point B, and there is a group of kids in the middle of the hall either standing in place like a stationary car or walking as a group covering the entire width of the hall like a slow moving fence to hinder your motion. You try politely saying “excuse me” but it falls onto deaf ears. You then try just walking through the mob, but it is as useless as trying to walk through a brick wall. By the time you’ve gotten around the mob and are where you need to be, you’ve wasted several minutes and could be pushing being late to class.

This obstruction is a problem that has been noticed by students and teachers alike; it is causing issues for all people who need to get somewhere within the school. This is something that is a big hindrance and has probably made everyone late to class at least once. Going through the mob can make you look like a jerk by breaking apart a group of friends; and it takes forever to find the smallest opening to squeeze into. And walking around takes a long time and gives you the potential to be blocked again.

I don’t feel that our school needs to get involved in this situation either. I’m not writing this to inform the school for legislation to be set, I’m writing this so people can be aware. I feel that the student body, with their own awareness can handle this specific affair on their own.

I’m sure that every one of us has done this before without thinking about it, I know I have. It’s a common thing to do to just stop and talk to your friends in the halls during break or between classes. And I’m not saying that this should not be done. Simply just try to be more aware when you stop in the halls to talk to your friends, so that if someone needs to get through, you can know to move.