WHS Lit. Mag: Create Outside the Box

The WHS Literary Magazine is looking for your creative pieces of writing for their quarterly publication! What is great about Lit. Mag is “it’s another way of expressing yourselves. It’s not an essay or anything formal, but a chance to branch off from the norm,” comments advisor to the Lit. Mag and WHS English teacher Ms. Pelletier, “It provides a creative outlet for the students that they won’t be able to find anywhere else.”

The Literary Magazine has been around for as long as anyone can remember; it has been faithfully supervised by Ms. Pelletier for the past eight years. Meeting after school every Thursday in her room in A328, the club works on the necessary components of creating the literary magazine. Divided between production, editing, and promotion, each group takes care of their respective responsibility. The entire process of receiving submissions, editing them, and manufacturing the Lit. Mag takes about three weeks.

Any original submissions are always welcome, no matter the medium. Writing pieces can range from fiction to nonfiction, prose to poetry, and any other forms of creative writing. Art work is also a valuable section of the literary magazine. Whether it’s 2D (paintings, photographs, etc.) or 3D (sculptures, pottery, etc.) art, a photo is all that is needed. The rolling deadline for each edition makes it convenient for students to submit their pieces. If you have anything that expresses YOU, Lit. Mag would love it if you would share it with us (as long as it’s school appropriate, of course!)/

So look for this year’s first edition of Lit. Mag in the next week! Live announcements will be broadcasted, flyers will be put up, and even Facebook has a few notifications for you.

Most importantly, the literary magazine’s annual fundraiser, Ned’s Coffee House is set for December 11th. As a coffee house, you can showcase your talents in music, stand-up comedy, improv, writing, and anything else you can think of in front of a live audience and support the literary magazine – sign up to perform in Ms. Pelletier’s room!

Are you ready for something outside of the box? If so, the Literary Magazine welcomes you and your own ideas!