A Diamond in the Rough: Jenny Boston Boutique

Of the few boutiques in Westborough, Massachusetts, one in particular stands out among the bunch.

Jenny Boston is the latest craze in our quaint little town, especially, if you’re shopping for accessory items, such as earrings, necklaces, belts, handbags, and headbands.

Since opening in the spring, Jenny Boston Boutique has barely been able to keep new pieces on the shelves. Though they are new to Westborough, the store originated in South Dennis, Cape Cod four years ago with a fresh outlook on the accessory industry.

The owner, Jen DeMaria, began her work at a neighboring flea market in Cape Cod. When the business took off better than she expected, she decided to take the business a little further, opening first a website to shop, then came her Dennis store.

The entrepreneur’s dream was to establish a store where customers were able to get charming and expensive-looking products at a really great sale. It has certainly become a reality.

The success was immediately tremendous – sales have only continued to increase by 15% each year-eventually launching the local boutique phenomenon.

The belts and handbags sold come from fabrics and ribbons from all over the world, but made exclusively for Jenny Boston. Their pieces are all unique to them, and if one didn’t know better they would swear that it was a designer label.

The difference, however, is that the accessories in Jenny Boston do not cost nearly as much. For a handbag, the highest price is around $42; for any exceptional piece of jewelry, the maximum is a mere $25. And if you’re not shopping for yourself, you can always purchase a gift certificate for whatever amount you choose. All of their products also happen to be conveniently found online at their website, www.jennyboston.com.

So…what’s the catch?

There is none! Jenny Boston’s innovative idea is a new way to go about this type of merchandise, and it is working far better than ever expected.

For these deals to accompany the distinctive dress up or down accessories that are sold, who wouldn’t want to check out the boutique?

Open five days a week (Tuesday 10-5, Wednesday-Thursday 10-6, Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-4), whether you’re ten or sixty you can find something in their store that is right for you. Located across from Arturo’s Restaurant, at 45 East Main Street in the Colonial Plaza, the vicinity of the store surely makes it simple to travel to.

With information from:

The Westborough Newspaper, Issue released October 24, 2009.

www.jennyboston.com