Our Fields.

How can any person expect a baseball (or softball) team to be ready to play regular season game without ever touching their field? Am I the only person who finds it ridiculous that though over 50 schools have played a game on their baseball/softball fields yet we haven’t even practiced on ours? If you haven’t played baseball before, it is not a sport that can be played in a gym. You can only do so much inside a gym made for a completely different sport.

Every year its the same story, “the field is too wet” or “the dirt isn’t ready” or “the ground temperature is too low.” I’m sick of all these excuses. Get our field ready so we can play. The ground temperature in Westborough cannot be that drastically different than that of a town less than twenty minutes away. For a town that is known for being pretty wealthy, it’s pretty sad we can’t get a field ready in time.

Start investing in tarps and field covers, or anything that can speed up this terribly slow process of getting our fields ready. Every other team that we play has an extremely huge advantage when they are allowed to host actual practices. To be frank, I’m pissed. This whole routine is just old. How about we stop being hypocrites here and follow what many sports teams have adopted as a slogan, “NO EXCUSES.”